Monday, June 18, 2007

My little window box

I'm growing some herbs from peat pellets this year. So far my basil and parsley have both germinated, so I moved them from the mini-greenhouse that the peat pellets come in and put them in a little glass window box that Adrienne gave me. It used to house a fairy and a book about herb gardening, but now it actually holds herbs.

As soon as the get their first leaves I'm supposed to transplant them to pots. And I have the cutest pots ever! They are white, and they each have a little black chalkboard square on them to write what is planted in them.

I also have rosemary and mint but they haven't sprouted yet. They have a pretty long germination period, but I'm hoping to see something coming up by next week.

The basil and parsley have only been in the window box since this morning, but I see the glass has already steamed up a little with condensation. I've never been successful at growing things, so if this works I will be so impressed with myself.

My ultimate goal is to grow a giant rosemary plant, maybe several, and actually transplant some into my garden. Aw, dreams.

No comments: