Monday, June 18, 2007

Born on the Fourth of July

No I wasn't, but I hope to be rafting the gritty river Yellowstone on the 4th. Oh, sweet mother of Christ, I want so desperately to get on that river and float the day away. Health issues be damned, I might use this opportunity (since it will be the only time I get to float this year) to be a bad girl and smoke cigarettes while I drink beer and get a sunburn. Some people may not understand the appeal of rafting, but that's just because they aren't doing it right. You get a bunch of friends together on a 5x10 piece of rubber, throw on a couple coolers filled with beer and lunch delicacies like fried chicken and sandwiches, get some tunes going, start drinking and playing games, maybe do a little fishing, and you have achieved utopia.

So, we've got English cousins visiting in a couple months. Frank, Eva, Tom, and Matt. Delightful folks, so much fun to visit with, and we're going to try to go to Pocatello to see them while they're visiting Thad's grandparents. While making this trip we will stop at Buddy's. Now for those of you not in the know let me tell you about Buddy's. They have the best salad dressing EVER. I ate there almost two years ago and the salad dressing HAUNTS MY DREAMS. Check out their website here.

Good stuff, good times. I think we're going to make it a nice long trip, maybe head out to Portland to visit some peeps that we love, Jen and Rick. They have been out there since February, and we miss 'em.... BAD. Luckily they'll be visiting for the week of the 4th, so I have no doubt that Jen will grace my couch for breakfast at least once or twice that week.

I'm still irritated. Don't know if it's work, or home, or what. But I'm trying hard not to inflict it on those around me. I don't know if I'm succeeding at this goal, but I'm trying.

In baby news, she's now passing a toy back and forth between her hands. She loves to make noise, both with her toys and with her mouth, and she wants to crawl DESPERATELY, but can't seem to figure out the correct arm movement/leg movement ratio. She'll get it soon, I have no doubt, and I'll wish that we would have baby proofed the house a lot sooner. Mark my words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you can order the dressing on their website. Or I guess you could just bring some back with you. Roadie with a baby. Weird.

Anonymous said...

You can ask Jen and Rick if they want to come rafting too.