Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's been a while

Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I'm not trying to avoid my blog perusers. I'm just so tired or busy lately that it seems to take me forever to post. I have two drafts waiting to be posted and I still haven't gotten around to finishing either and putting it up. So I'm starting from scratch.

We went to my cousin Brooke's wedding in Miles City on Saturday. It was beautiful, and Elora got to meet a whole bunch of her extended family, which included her step-grandma Melba, a bunch of her cousins and her great aunts and uncles. We didn't stay long, because we drove to Colstrip that night to stay with Thad's parents.

Thad and I got to sneak out for a beer when the baby fell asleep, but when we got back she was apparently VERY upset because she was doing that hysterical scream/cry that gives a girl the hiccups. It wasn't very pleasant for the in-laws, but wouldn't you know it, as soon as I laid her down, plugged her with her binky, and laid with her in my arms she was asleep in less than a minute. That's mama's magic touch right there.

Thad made chicken fried rice last night, and used soy sauce and red curry paste to marinate the chicken, and it was so moist and tasty I had a mouth-gasm. I kid you not, tremors of pleasure from my mouth down to my toes.

Besides that it's just been the usual. Working, taking care of the baby, and working more. We have a new crop of newbies at work, but they're doing pretty well. No skull smashing has ensued..... yet.

God, I hope I get a new schedule soon. I'm SUPER hopeful that we may get another lead to take over my shift so I can get into a better one. I'd love to get 4 10 hour shifts, and have a day off with Thad. Oh, in a perfect world our big guy upstairs would realize how valuable our position is to the agents fresh on the floor with questions galore. I'm a freaking poet.... but I don't feel like rhyming on that last one.

So I'm trying to learn how to soul trap on Oblivion, so I'm asking a co-worker tonight. I love Oblivion.... so much.... if I could have given birth to this game instead of my child and been completely ok.....JUST KIDDING.

No comments: