Friday, May 25, 2007

Friends OFF (And I ain't foolin')

Well, I have just reached the end of my rope with someone.

I have this friend, you see. She's not really a good friend, she's barely my acquaintance any more, but here's a run-down of her ridiculous behavior, because I want to display just how much of a POS this person is.

1) She has not contacted me once since Elora was born. And by contact I don't mean messaging on myspace, because that's a bullshit excuse for communication (no offense to all the people I communicate with via myspace, because most of these people bother to call me if they are close to me and care about my family, rather than expecting that the occasional comment or message will constitute as a friendship). Yet this person seems to have all the time in the world to write nonsensical, ridiculous blogs about how people need to get over shit that she does to them intentionally. Case in point: SHE DELETED SEVERAL FRIENDS OF HER BOYFRIEND WHILE THEY WERE BROKEN UP BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT TO BE REMINDED OF HIM, YET THEY JUST NEED TO GET OVER IT SINCE THEY ARE BACK TOGETHER. Grow up and get over yourself. It was petty and juvenile to delete them just because they are friends with your ex, so don't expect that your immature behavior is going to be excused.

2) Along the lines of her ridiculous blogs, she tries to make herself sound smart and creative by using words and phrases that have no actual place in the English language. It must be really nice to throw grammar to the wind and ramble online about stupid shit and how she's going to make her life better by setting aside petty bullshit and letting the sun shine in her windows, la-di-freaking-da. In real life, you don't have to write blogs to convince yourself that you're a good person. You just are, or you aren't.

3) When I called her out on not calling me since Elora was born, after several attempts to contact her that went unanswered, she tried to tell me that she's been thinking about me and my family and values my friendship, blah blah blah blah blah blaah, but when it comes down to it, she's still too fucking self involved to get in touch with me. Well, if that's the way you wanna play it, game on.

I just needed to rage about this. I've decided that even though we've been friends since high school I have no room in my life for someone who is too busy being
so creative and deep and "feeling all these feelings" to bother to call me. I have a literal SHIT-TON of great friends who love me and don't find it a burden or hardship to stay in touch with me.

I am done with you. When you grow up and realize that you're self-centered and aren't as interesting as you think you are you may want to try harder to be a better friend to the people who still talk to you.

No comments on this blog, because the people that are my friends aren't interested in your bullshit excuses, and neither am I.