Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm changing the font up, watch out people!

Yes, I'm back not necessarily with a vengeance, but I'm here, so that's good enough. It's been a nice slow night, enough time to get my gossip caught up on. I've found a pretty funny site, www.quizlaw.com. It offers a glimpse at the stupid side of the law. Plus it gives a few insights into the workings of our political machine, which I never catch up on myself. I'm totally craving some of Thad's chicken fried rice. We had a pretty ok day today. Compared the other night when my basement flooded!


The basement flooded as a result of the pipe that supplies our front spigot was broken and it runs between the floor joists. So when Thad watered the front yard for the first time it the water POURED out the light fixture hole in our basement right above our BRAND NEW COUCH. So the couch and ottoman were soaked, the floor was soaked, and the drywall was saturated. So we called Americlean Thursday night after calling our insurance, and they brought some industrial size fans in to dry everything out. So we have had 3 industrial size fans going 24 hours since Friday, and they likely won't be removed until Wednesday.

The whole situation is not great, but the silver lining is that we have good insurance, so we should hopefully get everything taken care of with minimal pain to our finances.

In other news, Elora has been rolling from her back to her stomach! I saw it today, so I put today's date in her baby book, even though Thad says she's been doing it for a while. Here is possibly one of the most adorable pictures of her:

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

FYI- she has cereal on her face, not snot. I wouldn't let my kid sit with this much snot on her face so I could take a picture........strike that, I totally would.

I get my haircut on Wednesday, and I'm going shorter and sassier. Think Maggie Gyllenhaal in "Stranger Than Fiction":


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Well, I hope that this appeases all of you hungry for news from little old me. Write me a love note in the comments!

No comments: