Monday, March 9, 2009

Wasting time when I should be getting ready

Ok, it's been about a week since I put up our food recap. A few people have tried the Nigella pasta and loved it, so I'm glad to hear it. Here's a brief recap of last week:

1) My mom was in the hospital, which meant that Currey and I took the opportunity to use guerrilla warfare to clean her house. About 8 Lawn and Leaf Force Flex garbage bags of clothes later Currey finished up and felt pretty good about how we left it.

2) While in Colstrip I stopped at Adrienne's to drop off her birthday present, and that was when Poppy's ear became a literal hose of blood. I helped clean the kitchen floor of blood, as did Diesel, and while he liked up the spots I said inappropriate but hilarious things like "It's like ancient Rome, when the victors would lick the blood of the defeated" and "He's earning his red wings".

3) The next day Adrienne and I were going to go for a walk on the treadmills and Poppy required an emergency trip to the vet instead. So I stayed in my pjs, hopped in the Luminator with her, got myself a gorgeous omelette sandwich at Subway and a coffee, and wore my sunglasses for the 2nd time in the last 30 days for a breakfast date with Adrienne. I love the days I get to eat breakfast in sunglasses, I feel like a movie star. Notable trip moments: When I laughed until I cried about my love of numbers, when Adrienne let Poppy out to piddle and she wouldn't get back in her kennel, resulting in a backseat that looked like that scene in Pulp Fiction where the accidentally shoot the guy in the head..... EXACTLY LIKE THAT (slight exaggeration).

4) Near divorce over a pork chop... if you've heard the story I am sorry I have failed you as a friend. If you haven't, well, consider yourself lucky.

5) Got a virus in my tummy that resulted in some "both ends" action on Friday, which led to my poor father-in-law, bestie, and bestie-in-law (Allan) getting sick as well.

6) Elora spent an overnight with Gammy and Papa, and came home ready to be a screaming, bawling, holy terror. But at least she loves playing "This little piggy" and this garden game my sister taught me that ends in tickling. She also says "birthday to you" and "ring around the rosie". Her favorite bedtime routine is having one of us lay with her (usually resulting in one of us passing out in her bed because we're so freakin' tired).

Well, that's about it. If you didn't catch SNL's commercial special last night it was HILARIOUS. Adrienne has a really good video over on her blog so go watch it here , but not before you watch THIS!!!


No comments: