Sunday, March 15, 2009

A bunch of old fascists

If you don't already read the comments on any article in the Billings Gazette I would NOT START NOW. Holy shitballs, they are a backwards bunch of assholes. I've decided that I'm not going to read comments unless the article is "neutral", like an op-ed piece about kittens or this type of gem right here. The only time anyone in this community bands together in a common thought is when the subject is cute or hilarious.

What frustrates me is the complete lack of respect for OPINIONS. People comment on what their OPINION is, but everyone thinks that their opinions are FACTS. This leads to ridiculous, petty arguments about how valid one side of the argument is over the other, and sometimes it just leads to downright childish name-calling. I love how people that can't afford daycare while they ARE TRYING TO HOLD DOWN A JOB IN THIS ECONOMY and the people that support DAY-CARE ASSISTANCE FOR THOSE FAMILIES are considered "liberals". Really?! I guess if you didn't raise kids through the 1950s and survive on one income you aren't a good parent.

Ugh, no more being frustrated. I'm blessed in all that I have. A good job, a family that I can support as much as they support me, and friends that will need to promise me endless glasses of wine when this next ECONOMIC VAMPIRE escapes from my womb so I can cope with being a terrible, horrible mother. Coping with being a terrible, horrible mother is easier when wine is consumed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Economic Vampire---Oh, I needed an LOL first thing in the morning. I'm trying to think of something witty and Edward Cullen-related, but I've got nothing.

2. What are you doing reading the news anyway??

3. I NEVER read the comments. There isn't a more vapid, aimless, soul-snatching activity than spending thirty seconds in the comment section. And the amount of drivel that gets past moderation...OI!!