Sunday, March 29, 2009

Planning

This week has marked a new era in the Swan household..... we've begun the quest for affordable life insurance. We met with a Primerica rep last week, and this weekend we saw him again and he gave us the skinny on our finances and had a plan to get us debt free in 10 years. Which is great, really, but there were just a few things about the policy they set us up with (not definite yet) that I'm unsure about. First of all, I can't probably get insured. Considering that I'm the one with the lung condition and the cancer history and all that stuff I kind of find it, well, IMPORTANT to have some type of affordable coverage. It doesn't have to leave a fortune to my family, but enough to pay for the funeral and make sure that Thad isn't feeding the kids cat food while he lives on a single income until his sugar momma comes charging up on her white steed.

So now that we've written a check we await a call to set up some at home blood work. But before I actually give blood or urine or even a booger-laden kleenex sample I'm going to do some homework. I'm going to get a few quotes, see if a company would automatically exclude me for coverage for medical reasons, and at that point I'll decide if I call and cancel the check or if we'll just get insured and shop around a little more before cancelling.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we try to find affordable term life insurance. My kid just let out a blood curdling scream. Better find out what she did to herself. Bye!

No comments: