Monday, March 16, 2009

Random stuff....

First off, Elora got her first haircut today. She's 26 months old (2 years and 2 months) and this is the first time she's been to the salon. There are some kids that have had well over 6 haircuts by this age, but she never was one of those "born with a head full of hair" babies. We got a little certificate with her name on it and everything. Thad's cousin's ex-wife, Dannette, did it, and she cut both Thad's hair and mine tonight as well. Family haircuts = Kodak moment (Thad took pictures on his phone, so I'll try to get one or two up soon).

Secondly, I "fired" someone today. "Fired" is such an ugly term, but calling it "termination" doesn't really make it sound any more pleasant. No details, but all in all I'm ok with how this went, seeing as it was my first time doing this type of dirty work. I've been a supervisor for over a year, and before today everyone either resigned or stopped showing up. So this was good "real world" experience, even though it was not fun at all.

Thirdly, we're having Beef Stroganoff tonight. I love stroganoff, I could seriously make it at least once a week and never get tired of it. The sour cream, the cream of mushroom, the egg noodles, all of which combine and always taste amazing together. It's super easy, and never leaves me disappointed. I love having a staple in my recipe box that is always great. Plus, it beats the hell out of Hamburger Helper any night.

Lastly, it's raining. I love the rain, and I can't wait for the days to get warmer when we can open the windows during a rain storm and just enjoy the clean smell and the sound. I'm sure I'll be lamenting the rain soon enough, such is my fickle personality, but for tonight I'll just imagine it making everything green and Ireland-like in preparation for St. Patty's Day tomorrow. Note to self: remember to wear something green.

No comments: