Monday, January 23, 2012

A little peek into my mind

- Do you remember that thing you used to love, whatever it was, that made you happy every day.  And then you lost the thing and couldn't find it and you were devastated, and then 14 years later you find it in a box and you are so happy that you cry.  I feel that whenever I remember this website exists.  No explanation should be needed.

- The League.  If you have Netflix watch both seasons and then come back here and tell me how much you love it.  You don't have to like football, or even know anything about football, to enjoy the hilarity.  DO NOT WATCH WITH KIDS PRESENT.  Unless they are too young to learn to say things like "take a ride on my suck-stick".  You have been warned.

- There are a few blogs that I read with regularity, mostly because I've added them to my Google Reader on my phone.  I can't believe I ever kept track of my favorite blogs any other way, so here are a few that I adore. 

  • My Daguerreotype Boyfriend.  If I even have to explain why this website is an obsession you don't know me at all.
  • Fuck Yeah, Victorians!  Paintings, clothing, old articles and recipes from the Victorian Era.  This blogger updates a lot, and very rarely do I skip even one post.  This particular image was a recent personal fave.
  • Ten Sexy Ladies.  The dude that writes this also has a Twitter feed, and while I find Twitter repugnant on so many levels his stuff is hilarious in both locations.
  • Adventures of Ange.  She's a pal of mine, check her out.
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  Yes, Ree is a little over the top with her hallelujahs and amens about everything from butter to brussel sprouts, but I've made her Perfect Pot Roast so I know she can put her money where her mouth is.  
- This started off as an old blog that had never been posted, but I managed to eek out a whole post, combining a little bit of the past and some of the present.  As for my future, can you say HOT SPRINGS.  Thermopolis in less than a week, Chico for two kid-less nights in less than 40 days.  

And in my even more immediate future..... bed, sleep, and another 2 weeks in my current job.  So excited to learn something new!

No comments: