Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crock Pot Weekend - Synopsis

So all in all, Crock Pot Weekend was a success.  Taco soup was super good, I served over tortilla chips with a dollop of cream cheese and a hearty dash of monterey jack cheese.  I even have some for lunch tomorrow.

I will be trying out my new YMCA membership this week by attending yoga on one of the 4 nights it's offered.  I can change at work while my car warms up, and then my plan is to have dinner ready when I get home, by way of having some split pea soup cooking in the crock pot all day.  Most of my desire to try this crock pot stuff on the weekends is making sure it's stuff that won't overcook by the time we get home to eat it.

The Y membership is exciting in lots of ways, but rather than bore you with all the reasons we thought it would be good to join I'll instead bore you with our upcoming weekend plans.

Elora turned 5 January 19th (Happy Fifth Birthday, honey, I hope you've mellowed out a bit since that date to when you're able to read this post), so as part of her never-ending parade of birthday revelry we are going to take her and her brother to Thermopolis, Wyoming for a little weekend of family fun.  We have some friends in a little town nearby who have kids, and that's pretty much like built-in entertainment for people with kids, meaning our kids expect us to entertain them less because they have other people to keep them occupied.  One is even a little less than a month younger than Elora, so he will be 5 next in February.  So, barring weather shenanigans that can't be controlled we will be heading south come Friday evening.

I hope that everyone has enjoyed a tremendously awesome 2012 thus far, and here's hoping it only gets groovier from here on out.  I know that my 2012 will officially feel more relaxed in exactly 40 days.  Damn you, leap year, for making February unnaturally long!

No comments: