Monday, December 12, 2011

What's on my mind right now?

- Breakfast for dinner.... French toast, breakfast links filled with Wisconsin cheese, maybe a little fruit (canned, but still fruit).

- 81 days until Chico Weekend 2012 with McWirth's.  March might be too long for my muscles to go without a soak in the restorative waters, so Elora might get a birthday trip there in January. I heart Olympia in a natural hot spring when it's snowing.  What can I say, I have discerning taste.

- Christmas shopping.  Have to figure out what to get my bro/sis in law (any suggestions Jamie?) and nieces and nephews.  I'm glad I took Friday off to finish up without kids around. 

- Christmas music has been my non-stop soundtrack for 2 weeks, including all weekend long.  I can't do anything but sing them, hum them, sing them some more.  In the car, at work, then in the car, then in every store I go into, and also at home.  I'm just going to let this holiday current drag me offshore like an undertow, further and further from the Mary Rose that finds all this holiday BS completely ridiculous.  And BTW, I just realized that after this weekend it IS Christmas.  I'm so glad this madness is almost over!

- Saturday = birthday date with my hetero lifemate, Mrs. McWirth.  "Young Adult", then tapas at Walker's.  I've been craving their steamed clams in a delicious broth of .... deliciousness.  And a loaf of crusty bread for dipping.  And calamari.  Plus, Charlize Theron looks awesome as a mean girl, so I must admit I'm happy we picked the perfect weekend to watch a movie I'm actually looking forward to with genuine anticipation.

- I hate how news stories like this make me feel about the country I live in (we're kind of a bunch of assholes, is what how I'm interpreting this).  THE EXTREME RIGHT WING HAS AN AGENDA TOO, PEOPLE, IT'S CALLED DUMBING DOWN AMERICA.  If we're dumber they can control us.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

- Colter says "help me" a lot.  He just did it, as a matter of fact.  He also kisses me, then wipes his mouth and says "ew".  I did this once to him because his kiss covered my mouth with snot one day, and now he won't let me forget it.

- Elora is almost 5.  Did you hear that?  That's the sound of the wind being knocked from my lungs.  She's tall enough to wash her hands nearly completely unaided at the kitchen sink.  She doesn't quite reach the handle for the faucet, but STILL.  She loves to have her back tickled for an a length of time that I would say borders on extreme, but I do it anyways. 

- Work is.... sigh.  Tis the season to be pretty much up to our eyeballs anyways, and add to it that we're running a little understaffed and that makes for a very busy day.  But I'm excited for some upcoming projects I've been asked to work on.  I loooooove when I get handpicked for a project, my little brown nose practically glows with delight!!

- We're set for a weekend of houseguests (In-laws, holla!) and I am trying to think of a real "wow" something to make.  Thad pulled up a recipe for Horseradish Crusted Steak Roulade, which seems a little optimistic, but also quite delicious.

- Thad and I are considering a tropical vacation, mommy and daddy only, in late 2012, early 2013.  We've almost been married for 10 years, and neither of us has ever needed a passport.  Now, to figure out where to go!

- Love my hair.  Love it curly.  Love it straight.  Love the length, the style, I can't believe I fought this look for so long.  Never fighting again.

Alright, time to start beating my children into submission (i.e. making them brush their teeth before bed).  Thanks to everyone for making my last post with pictures of my boobs the most successful blog post I've ever had.  I'm glad I have such a large group of internet creepers that wanted to see how my boobs look.  You all make me so proud.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Okay Maryolf the brown nose employee...don't be afraid to let your nose shine...so Santa can get thru the storm. Oh shite its that darn holiday music that confuses me and I'm mixing my stories up.hahaha No, you should feel good that your work is being recognized and you are being asked to do more...be proud little brown nose. I wanted to say you got this talent from your father but that's not true. Then I thought maybe you get it from me....but no I don't think so....Wow you must have developed that talent all on your own. Oh you make this tooo easy.Love ya!