Friday, December 2, 2011

The eve of 31

Well, in about 15 minutes (don't check the timestamp, as it will be incorrect) I turn 31.  Here are a few thoughts on this being the Friday night before my birthday:

I don't miss going to bars to celebrate events.  I know that sounds ridiculous after the whole Boobs Voyage thing, but that event was the "event".  Sometimes you just really want a reason to get your friends together in one place and have something to celebrate.  Tonight I'm not feeling "it".  I haven't really felt "it" since my surgery, and I can't say I miss "it".

I'm staring to feel a tickle in my nose, accompanied with stuffy runniness.  Excellent.  NOT.

Tonight was the company Christmas party for my work, and I did get to wear my flapper dress one more time this year, which was the whole reason I paid the exorbitant sum that I did to buy it before Halloween.  There was a hypnotist, and I volunteered to be hypnotized.  I guess I'm more susceptible to hypnotism than I thought, because while I do recall bits and pieces of what I did, I also had a huge amount of focused blank spot induced by yoga breathing and I was the most relaxed I've ever been afterwards.

Well, by the time I got this much typed my words are nearly being written with my eyes clothes, I'm that exhausted.  And it's 12:03 on 12:03!  Bedtime for me so I can get up for my bountiful basket at 7 am and going shopping for new clothes!  What an awesome way to spend your birthday.  I might even splurge on a dinner of splendiferous Indian food, you just never know!  I love birthdays for the excuse to do whatever you want (although my dreams rarely become reality).  Take care this 12/3!

No comments: