Monday, December 26, 2011

And I'm Spent

December 26th.  Boxing Day.  The final day off of my three day weekend.  Granted, next weekend is also a three day weekend so you won't hear me complaining.  But after the anticipation of Christmas and its subsequent passing it is kind of nice to see it on its way out the door.  I don't mind turning off the Christmas carols for about 10 months or so.

The kids managed to get a ton of toys from mommy, daddy, grandparents, and the big S.  Elora got a Leappad, which is pretty cool if you don't mind your kid staring at a screen for long hours at a time.  I don't.  I do it myself.  They might as well get used to it if they plan on working for their living.  Or if they plan to write a blog on their smartphone while their kids watch "The Coneheads" while curled up with their daddy.  Because that's how things get done, kids.  

Colter got a rocking horse that whinnies and shakes its tail, who goes by the name of Horse. He yells "YAH" very loudly and very repeatedly. This is in addition to the soft body, realistic T-Rex that he yells "RAWR" on a loud, repeated basis as well.   The kids spent the whole day with unbrushed teeth and had candy for breakfast, and I had several spicy red beers and tried (unsuccessfully) to watch the last Indiana Jones movie.  It was a pretty nice day.

Mommy and daddy managed to get a new 360 and Kinect with some of the gift money we got, and my mom got me silverware and new kitchen utensils that I both wanted/needed, and a pair of fuzzy Hello Kitty pants that make my mind melt with their softness.  Thad got a big fuzzy soft robe and some grill accessories. 

Christmas is always a little magical because I get to spend some time with my friend Jen, who you may recall from a little blog post I put up a few months ago after her last visit.  We had an effing amazing time out on Friday night.  Many beers were consumed (Hoegarden!  Cause we're hoes!) and a few songs were sung.  I really need to expand my karaoke repertoire on of these days, I do "Me and Bobby McGee" because I rock it, but I should start keeping a list of songs on my phone so I have a library of songs I would love to sing.  And I'm making it a personal quest to get out to Portland this year to visit her and go on a culinary journey of epic proportions. 

Coming up this weekend: a mulligan on my birthday movie night with Morgan.  "Young Adult" never came to Billings, so we have decided to go with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and some Burger Dive.  And our New Years Eve will be spent at home, making Vietnamese food and have a few friends over.  I haven't looked forward to New Years Eve in a while, since the days before we had kids when we spent every year partying in a cabin in Red Lodge.  2012 is going to be awesome, I just feel it in my bones!

No comments: