Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fun phone conversations

I love driving to work and visiting with friends. It makes the day a little better before I have to go sit at work for 11 hours. And one of my favorite people to have these meandering visits with is Miss Adrienne. Adrienne are champs when it comes to carrying on daily tasks while engaging in conversations that can be deep, philosophical, hysterical, or nonsensical, or sometims they are all of these at the same time.

Today was one such day. She partied like a rock star last night, and we plotted and schemed for her weekend visit coming up. What makes me laugh pretty hard is that it used to be I could toss back drinks like they were free (which most of the time they weren't), and now a weekend with me is actually going to be considered a "dry spell".

But something else that made me happy with our phone convo today is that I appreciate not having a hangover more. Granted, I haven't been pissed drunk in a while, nothing more than a warm buzz in about 3 or 4 months, but I'm loving that I don't want to slit my wrists from my own stupidity. Not to imply that Adrienne is, but by God, I'm sure she will be.

Tomorrow's the supervisor announcement. I'm relieved the whole interview process is over, now it's just the wait for the final answer. Which I don't mind as much because I no longer have to think about what I'm going to say in front of a group of people. This interview process was stressful, but hopefully if supervisor doesn't happen for me this time the next time I'll nail it.

Still no idea about what we're doing with our kid and dogs and stuff when I go to Denver in December. I would prefer not to drag Elora with us, a hospital really is the last place I want her during the winter, but haven't come up with a concrete plan on how to make that possible. We're discussing it right now via Messenger, more news to come!

No comments: