Sunday, July 8, 2012

Longest Sunday in Existence

Some Sundays are gone before they even start.  This was not one of those Sundays.

First, I've been fighting off a bizarre mix of sore throat/sinus infection that feels like a touch of tonsillitis has set in since last week.  I only drank 3 beers the WHOLE DAY of the Fourth (anyone that knows me is shaking their head at their computer in utter disbelief).  And I'm trying to fight it off naturally, lots of fluids and Mucinex and ibuprofen and saline solution.  I don't feel as crappy tonight as I did a couple days ago, but my throat still feels like I'm parched all the time.  Could be all the fires and smoke, too.  If you're not from these parts, Montana is pretty much 10% burned to the ground now.  I made up that statistic, but if I'm even close to being right I will pretend like I knew it all along.

Thad has been working all day long.  All.  Day.  Long.  Real work, so I can't even be mad that I spend the entire day cleaning up kids' crap, sorting kids' clothes, entertaining/disciplining said kids with 0% help from my husband.  I don't have to like it, but I can't be angry about it.  I feel robbed of something.

Elora, Morgan and I (plus Joel's sister & niece) went to see "Brave" today, which was probably the highlight of the day.  Elora and I love lifting up the arm rest and getting snuggled up when we watch movies together.  And this one was excellent, I loved the story line, and even though it made me cry I didn't feel like Pixar raped my emotions the way they have in the past.  In fact, Morgan mentioned that her go-to movie to get herself crying is "Steel Magnolias" (agreed), and I had to counter that the first 5 minutes of "Up" is about as emotionally devastating.

As for Colter, someone has replaced my little cute and curious 2 year old with hell on wheels.  He is unreal, a typhoon of energy and destruction.  He is almost 3 and he is really starting to act like it.  Apparently both my kids are exhibiting really typical behavior for their ages, which is why I'm surprised there really aren't more child murders in this country.  BRAVO, AMERICA, IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY RAISE A CHILD PAST THIS AGE WITHOUT CAUSING PERMANENT BODILY HARM I FEEL A STATUE SHOULD BE ERECTED IN HONOR OF YOUR SELF CONTROL.

Anyways, I have several hours worth of DVRed television that I plan to go ignore in order to go to bed.  Enjoy your Monday, internetz!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Well Mary Rose you never fail to amaze me. Yes you were as close to sober on the fourth of July as you were in gradeschool and that I commend you for. It was a pleasure to stay with someone who made horrific noises while trying to clear her sinuses and throat. Some of those noises could be classified as "kill me now" or "please let it stop" the only thing you didn't do was blow your nose using your fingers as the object that wipes it off when your done blowing into the wind (a habit my brothers and husband have). I was sad to see you not feeling well while I was there since I had to witness the whole duration of your illness and your a crabby patient. And as to your recordings...you can be glad I didn't go through and record every episode of The Housewives of OC, NEW YORK, Atlanta and any other state that has a group of disfunctional women who want to make ass's of themselves on TV so that you could be really upset when your DVR was full. It was only five episodes of the Hooterrights show(dig the spelling) maybe they can get jobs serving burgers at Hooters if the clan doesn't work out for them.
Lastly my grandkids...God love them. Elora imagination is always fun to experience. She is a independent little cuss that makes me laugh and want to pull my hair out all at the same time. Colter...oh Colter, GOD LOVE HIM! If I would have had to clean up dog poop that he used to color the carpet or cover the walls with I might have fed him to the dogs (mind you it was their poop he used). His ability to talk just endears him to me even more. I love when I say,"COLTER" and he says,"What??" in such and innocent tone. I love them both and will miss this age when its gone, just not the poop.