Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July is Half Over

July 17th.  This summer feels like it's gone into free-fall mode.  We have Misty's wedding this weekend (remember Misty?  She's getting married.  To an amazing dude.  Super happy to share this weekend with her) and then next weekend we celebrate a fabulous Bestie Birthday with Morgan and Joel at Georgetown Lake.  We're taking the kids tubing and boating and Morgan always prepares a feast for 12 people so I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with some awesome pals.

August is already half over in my mind as well.  I have a family reunion in Colstrip the first weekend, then the next weekend is the start of MontanaFair and Sublime with Rome.  Yes, I realize it's not the same without Bradley, but I think that is the point, and I think Rome sounds pretty damn good, thank you very much.  Miss Jen J.-M.  will be here, also celebrating a birthday the night before the concert, and we will be enjoying the show with the delightful Laura G.  I could piddle with excitement, I can't believe it's only 3 weekends away!

The weekend before school starts is going to be our last chance to camp.  We ended up not camping last weekend due to an influx of school work and out an outflux of my patience and desire to spend all weekend alone with my family.  I love them.  A lot.  And that is why it's important I not spend time with them when I'm reach my threshold for their shenanigans.  And last week I was at my limit.

Elora starts school on 8/22.  I picked up birth certificates last week, got her enrolled for the YMCA afterschool program AND signed up for swim lessons for her and her bro-bro.  And thanks to a bunch of clothes from another friend I have a lot less school clothes shopping to do for her.  We will probably make a girl-date to shop and get all her stuff together.

I'm even going to be come a cold-lunch mom!  She's going to find a lunch box and I will start packing her and myself a lunch!  I found a couple awesome websites with lots of ideas (here and here) and will probably start making a couple things to feed the kids over the next few weeks to judge how much they will eat of any particular item.

It's time to start preparing for work, it's a busy week and I need to get in early today.  If you don't see a post by August, just wait longer ;-)


No comments: