Sunday, July 1, 2012

Early Sunday Morning

Colter has been sneaking into my bed every night for the last week, and he seems to now be acclimating to sleeping with me because I was actually able to stay in the bed and continue sleeping for the last couple of nights.  He's a thrasher, with a side order of throwing his leg over anything next to him all night long.  And he is a furnace.  I woke up at around 3 and 4 a couple mornings last week.

This morning I woke up to my normal internal alarm that goes off before 6:00 am every day.  EVERY.  DAY.  Even vacation days when I want to sleep in, or hangover days.  Hangover days actually mean an earlier wake up for me, I don't know why.  So I used the extra time to sort some laundry, do a sinkful of dishes (all the disgusting rancid sippy cups are officially accounted for) and am writing this blog.  How ambitious of me!!!

July 1st.  Holy shit.  I just realized the entire month of June is out the door, waiving goodbye before it's even taken off its coat and hat.  It's a good thing I used a little time in June to update my online calendar with the upcoming school schedule, Thad's on-call schedule, and the day care providers holiday schedule, because July is going to race by.  Elora starts school in 1 month and 22 days, so of course it will race by.  I'm truly looking forward to some mommy/daughter girl time to school shop with her.  It's going to be so much fun!

(I just looked up behavior problems in 5 year olds on Baby Center.  Turns out I'm doing EVERYTHING WRONG.)

(I think that when the Fourth of July falls on a mid-week day you should observe it on a Friday.  Just saying.)

(It isn't even 7:00 am and I feel the day slipping away already.  Is this like a backwards summer seasonal depression?)

I have a new buddy, my neighbor Rhiannon.  Or Rhianna (lol, if she reads this she will laugh).  We had beers downtown yesterday afternoon, and it was fun!  Exclamation point!  I haven't been to two different bars in two hours since I was in my twenties!  Exclamation point!  And the patio at Tiny's was gorgeous on the last day of June!  That's right, one more exclamation point!

Just got big news that my bestie Jen J.-M. (documented in all her lush glory HERE) is coming to Montana at the same time as the MontanaFair/Sublime w/ Rome concert!  I've put off buying tickets, and now I know it's because I knew deep down that I should wait.  It's like I have a sixth, or even seventh sense, about these types of things..... I am super stoked.

My mom is coming for the next week, so I actually have to go make up her bed with clean sheets and give her a stack of towels.  I'm on to my next task, so you all have a great Sunday, internet folks!

1 comment:

JEn said...

YAY!!!! I always feel so special when I get my own shout out in your blogs! This is going to be the worlds best summer trip! I CAN NOT WAIT love you xoxox