Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Three day weekend

So I worked all weekend, including yesterday, but I have a new schedule and a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow. Then I work Saturday-Monday, because Tuesday we are heading down to Denver.

There were lots of up and downs this weekend. My in-laws were up, with their camper, and I really like when someone comes to visit but can have a seperate corner to go to that leaves Thad and I to ourselves somewhat. Not saying that I want any visitor to bring a camper, but it definitely made our house seem less crowded even with 3 people visiting.

I'm getting a Zune, and I'm pretty excited about it. Thad found a sweet deal on them on woot.com, so he got us each one. Now I just need an FM broadcaster and I can have music in my car without ever switching out my cds. There are just a couple cds in my collection that I need to convert to mp3 so I can put them on my Zune, like Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell.

I've also found myself growing up a little bit this weekend. When faced with situations that I usually would use to separate myself from others I made a point of remaining open. I also had to work on hardening my feelings a little bit when it comes to the actions of others. I guess in a lot of respects I'm still a very selfish person when it comes to my interactions with my friends, at times, and it's something I don't like about myself . Mostly because I always end up with hurt feelings when things don't work out to my specifications.

Elora is getting bigger and bigger, and she is so fun. She's learning to clap, and she's kind of started crawling. She gets around, but it's like she forgets sometimes how to do it.

I get my haircut tomorrow, and Thad and I are going to start working out together on the Bowflex on my nights off. I want to lose a little bit of weight, and rather than buying more exercise equipment/dvds I figured I can take advantage of the claim that Bowflex makes; Six Week Challenge: 20 minutes per day, 3 times a week. I can swing 20 minutes a day on my 3 days off, as long as Thad doesn't cry off from being too tired after work.

Here are some new Elora pictures. She's got her bottom teeth now, and they are SHARP.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute Mary Rose. Your weekend sounded more eventful than mine. I ran out of cigatettes Friday so.... I have no money. Best time to quit eh?? Well

have
a g
oo
d
one

Anonymous said...

She is getting sooooo big!

Anonymous said...

Man, she gets cuter and cuter!