Wednesday, September 12, 2007

No answers, just more questions

Well, this trip has not been as "fruitful" as I would have hoped. We didn't get a diagnosis, which I don't know is a bad thing, because the doctor seems to think that this may not be LAM as we previously supposed. The things he thinks it resembles are either:
a) L.I.P. - Lymphoid Interstitial Pneumonia, which would be brought on by an autoimmune disease called Sjögren syndrome, or possibly Epstein-Barr syndrome, which has actually been linked to Hodgkin's disease, which is the type of cancer I had.

b) D.I.P. - Distal Interphalangeal, which is actually more smoking related, according to Dr. Swigris.

He didn't say it isn't LAM, but he wants a surgical biopsy so we will know absolutely, positively, 100% for sure.

So this trip to Denver hasn't been all business. We have been staying with a couple of fantastic friends who have driven us around and let us decide where to take all of our meals. Cody and Lori have a gorgeous house, and big hearts to take us in and make us feel so welcome. Although they would have liked us to bring the baby they completely understood our need to make this trip on our own, and we feel like we could come back next week and we'd still be welcomed with open arms (and open garage, and open back porch).

So we went to Ruby Tuesday's last night, and it was great. Although my whole reason for wanting to go there was the Jumbo Crab Cake, and I forgot to order it my haste to order this:

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

THE BEST MOJITO EVER (That's a sugar cane stick inside!)

Tonight we met an old, old friend, Dave (Roy) at ESPNZone, and then walked to an Indian restaurant that was probably the best food I've eaten in a while. I had the chicken tikka, which was a Vindaloo dish (cooked in a clay oven). We all visited over Sam Adams and Indian beer, ate naan bread and the Indian version of chips and salsa (crisp tortilla-like bread with a mint/cilantro chutney and tamarind dip....mmmmmmm). It was such a nice night, followed by a long walk around LoDo.

Tomorrow we head home (we may not even stop at the Coors brewery, I'm so eager to get home to my baby). We are stopping in Casper to have some lunch with my grandpa, then it's back to Billings as fast as we (legally) can.

Here's a little picture of Dave and I. It's been about 5-6 years since I saw him last, but he's the type of friend that stays in touch and makes that extra effort to see someone no matter how long it's been.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Well, folks, it's bedtime after a long day of tests and waiting. I miss my baby terribly, and I can't wait to get home to see her again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Ruby Tuesdays the other day too!!! How weird! And I totally eyeballed that mojito, but it was noon, and we did have to go back to the hospital. We have so much to catch up on!! Call me tonight!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a crazy trip. That drink did look good. Makes me thirsty even though its10 in the morning. I hope they figure something out. I love indian food. Next time I go to billings im taking you to the best thai place EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya chikcy.

Anonymous said...

oh that was me jen.

Anonymous said...

And a google ad!?!?! Well done, my friend, well done.

Anonymous said...

I have to ask Jen...what's the best thai place ever in Billings? I NEED to know!

Anonymous said...

I have to ask Jen...what's the best thai place ever in Billings? I NEED to know!