Tuesday, September 18, 2007

5 day weekend, and the makings of a nasty sore throat

I hate when you start getting sick. You know, when your throat starts hurting, and you get achy and maybe a little stuffy/runny, and you feel like your whole body needs to sleep. That's how I felt aaaaall day long. But I toughed it out and made it through working my 10.75 hour long shift tonight, because it's the beginning of my first 5 day weekend.

The 5 day weekend comes about because Thad needs to go back on call for work every 6 weeks, so for the week while he's on call I'll switch shifts with my coworker, Jerry, and work 9-6 so I can take Elora to daycare, pick her up, and be home if Thad should get called into work.

I'll be super pissed if this weekend I'm sick and get better just in time to work 9 days in a row. I'll be really really cranky if that's the case.

In other news, no word back from the National Jewish Medical and Research Center about my blood tests. The doctor had mentioned that they only do some of the blood stuff once a week, so I'm being patient and not calling everyday for an update. I've also decided to do my biopsy in December, if possible, so I'm sure to have Christmas off with my munchkin while I recuperate.

I can't believe it's almost Elora's first everything: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It dawned on me today that we're going to have to buy her Christmas presents, and she'll probably be able to unwrap them herself. A strange realization to come to.

I'm so excited for my morning. I'm meeting my friends Jeni and Marie (sisters) for a mimosa brunch, as long as I don't feel worse in the morning. Jeni's pregnant, and I'd hate to get her or Marie's kids sick, so I need to take a quick shower and head to bed and see how I feel. I'll slit my wrists before I miss a mimosa brunch (just kidding...... well, sorta).

Well, a hot shower and cool sheets beckon me, so I must depart. Peace out, playas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, what's she going to be for Halloween? Shall I come up and face paint. . . you?