Sunday, November 4, 2012

R&R

Today I wrote two blog posts that likely will never see the light of day, but one was incredibly cathartic and reaffirming, the kind of blog I will not delete but will go back and read when I need to hear what it's telling me.  The other was about politics, and was not really going anywhere specific, so I just stopped typing and got up and made productive use of my day.  Overly-productive, if you ask me.

The over-productivity might have direct relation to the fact that I am going, all by myself, sans-husband and sans-children, to Chico Hot Springs on Saturday, spending the night, not to return until late morning or early afternoon on Sunday.  Twenty four blissful hours of soaking, drinking, playing games, spending time with my giggle-partner, Laura, and just relishing a window of freedom that is as fleeting as it is eminent. 

In observance of  No Shave November I have decided to try out the idea of wearing leggings into the pool.  This is more to save the other pool-goers than to save my own vanity, and hopefully the idea catches on so no woman has to feel obligated to shave her legs just to go to the pool.  I'm hoping this makes the quick trips to the ladies room and the bar window a little more comfortable than bare, hairless legs since it is supposed to be CHILLY this weekend!!!!  Can't wait!!!!  Four exclamation points!!!!

I spent most of my weekend in perpetual motion, running to and fro, playing with kids, cooking, spending time with friends and just trying to live in the now, because in the here and now I'm with the right people at the right time in my life.  That was part of my life-affirming cathartic blog, looking at what I have now and recognizing that the things that aren't in my life are absent for a reason, and to be comfortable with that instead of second guessing it.  I had an a-ha moment, and it was a long time coming.

So raise your imaginary glass in a Sunday night toast to the pleasures of a weekend over, and the promise of the weekend to come.  Or raise a real glass, shit, I won't judge, you deserve it!

1 comment:

superslot said...

superslot เล่น ผ่าน เว็บ เว็บไซต์สล็อตออนไลน์ รูปแบบใหม่ ซุปเปอร์สล็อตเอ็กซ์ดี มาแรง กับ pg-slot.game ที่มาแรงที่สุดในขณะนี้ ทางพวกเราเป็นคนที่ให้บริการเกม พีจีสล็อต ที่สนุกที่สุด