Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yesterday!

So yesterday was the day!  I am now smaller chested, fresh and free and feeling fabulous.  Oh, and I'm on pain meds (can you tell?).


Admittedly, I was pretty nervous before the surgery.  I tried to focus more on the excitement of being free from back pain, but the fear of pain still outweighed the excitement.  In the end I just kind of had to fake my brave face and go face the proverbial bear in the face.  I don't know what proverb that is from, but let's go with it.  Also, that was a lot of uses of the word "face".


So the doctor came in and drew a pattern on my boobs.  And by pattern I mean dress pattern.  Full on darts and shit.  He used a big Sir Marks A Lot and a big clear ruler, and drew lines from my collar bone to my waist.  And then he pushed them up and around and over to show me what they were going to be doing.  They took me into the OR after they drew all over my chest, and at one point I was so surprised that we were already ready to get started that I said through my oxygen mask "Is it go time?" which the nurses and anesthesiologist found quite funny.  The other memory that I carry fondly from right before I went out like a light was that they were playing music in the OR, and the song that happened to be playing was Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight".  It seemed really profound at the time.

The surgery went really well.  Super duper well.  I came out of anesthesia like awakening from a dream, and after I sat in recovery and had some crackers and juice it was time to load up and hit the road.  My experience with Dr Muskett has been fantastic, the man knows his stuff.  I also have nothing but kind words to say about the very nice folks at Yellowstone Surgery Center, they are fantastic.

Today I went in to have my bandages removed, and I got to see the new size/shape.  I am so happy, even though they're currently quite gross looking.  They are perky, perkier than they've been since I was in high school.  And so much smaller.  I could put my hands under and over my breast and had tons of excess skin that my hands couldn't cover.  Now my hands nearly covers the entire breast.

Holy cow, the fatigue of surgery is one that I've forgotten since my last one, which was Colter's birth in 2009.  This blog was started yesterday, but between the fatigue and pain meds I had little to no ability to finish a blog post.  Even now, as I type, my eyelids are drooping and I could nap.  So I will.

Coming up: Thanksgiving in Casa Swan, where I don't cook or clean at all prior to the festivities so I enjoy them soaked in guilt gravy!

1 comment:

Ange said...

Congrats on a successful surgery! Enjoy those pain meds.