Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sick day

It's a sick day in Casa de la Swan today.  Elora's got a case of the pukes, poor baby. It's a powerless feeling to have a kid feeling icky.  All I can do is make her comfy, snuggle her, and try to keep her happy. Somedays I need these mom experiences because I get to show her how much I love her.  I tell her I love her everyday, but I remember my mom when I didn't feel good, making cinnamon toast and watching tv, and even though I didn't feel good I appreciated having mom's undivided attention.  Colter B is staying home just in case he gets the late onset pukes.

Colter was his own brand of "sick" this morning, which didn't involve illness so much as it was sick-in-the-head.  He climbed into my bed around 3:30 and proceeded to blast me with the heat from his little body until I removed him an hour later.  This kid is HOT.  When I tried to convince him to go back to sleep he ignored me and started playing with his noisiest toys.  Of course. 
So Thad is going to work (after a 7-Up run) and I'm staying home with chitlins.  I'm glad I didn't play hooky last week when I had considered calling off for the first time in the 15+ months I've worked there.  Deep down, I knew something like this would happen.

We spent last weekend in Colstrip, just the kids and I.  I spent some much needed together time with my mom and dad, and spent a lot of time with Colter B while Elora stayed with Thad's folks and her cousin Sophia.  Sophia became a big sister last week to a new cygnet (look it up) who goes by the name Desmond Link.  I got to meet the little spud on Sunday and he is just perfect. 

My next post is going to shake things up around this boring old patch of internet space.  Stay tuned!

No comments: