Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Birthday Blog for John John!

<
From September 2011
Flashback: October 12, 1988

I was a second grader when my brother, John, was born.  I was in Mr. Oxford's class, and my mom had been working a long time to have one more baby after having my sister and I, and after trying and trying she'd gotten pregnant and (I think) she knew she was having a boy.  If she didn't know she was sure hoping against hope for one.

So while I'm at school I get called to the office because my mom is on her way to have her baby in Miles City.  My sister and I spend the night with one of my mom's friends, and we heard the answering machine message telling us we had a new little brother.  His name was John Wade.  6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches of raw man power.... in baby form.

My brother is 8 years my junior, so I've had a lot of fun in my formative years picking on him, but I also consider him one of my best friends.  For all the faults I can point out (and as the oldest sibling, I am allowed to point out as many as necessary), I can show you equally how many amazing qualities he has.  Musician, athlete, whatever he sets his mind to he achieves.  Except vacuuming :)

So this blog post goes out to you, Nicholai, you beautiful beast, you.  You make me laugh hysterically, and you also elicit fits of black-out rage, but in either scenario I know you know that I know how special you are.  I love you, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and I plan to make you a pan of something delicious after your big fight this month.  If anyone is interested in seeing some grown men roll around half naked on the floor beating the crap out of each other, CLICK THAT LINK!

Happy birthday, John!!!!!! These are two of the best pictures I have of John. The girl with him is his girlfriend Cricket. I pretty much love her!
From September 2011
Trying not to crack up, American Gothic style
From September 2011
Couldn't keep from smiling

1 comment:

Darla said...

One can hope for riches, fame, travel many, many things that are important but not for me. I got everything I ever hoped for when God gifted me with 4 children. Each of my girls bellybaby or not to me. Theywas a gift to me. They each astound me with their ability to grow and give and make my life much much richer. Then there is Johnjohn. I hate to put any of my children in a different placement but he was my last bellybaby and my only son and a MIRACLE. He was hard to get an I always believed a gift from my momma. He was born 4 weeks early 4 days before my mother's birthday. He has been a source of laughter, love, very few worries mostly pure joy. He could make me a little crazy but then he would come over and love me. As a little boy he would read I'll love you forever, I'll like you always to me which always made me cry. You came to me a year after I lost my mom and healed a gapping hole put there by her loss. I thank God for you and I thank you for being who you are. I am very proud of you and hope you will experience enough saddness to make you understanding to others, joy to make you grateful always, and more love than anyone can stand. I love you biggest and most Johnjohn. HAPPY BIRTHDAY I'm still trying to get my waist line back.hahaha