Thursday, June 23, 2011

Colstrippin'

We are leaving tomorrow for a weekend in Colstrip with family and friends. The last weekend in June is Colstrip Days, which I hear a fair amount of snickering from non-Colstripians about. Doesn't every small town in America have a weekend dedicated to returning to your hometown like refugees, visiting with old school mates, and getting sauced in the local canteens? They don't? Well, sucks for all those other little towns then, doesn't it.

Growing up in a little town like Colstrip was great, so great in fact that Thad has been considering applying for a job there. We aren't eager to move, but if he found something that paid well enough that I didn't have to work I think we would definitely consider switching gears and trying it out.

Tonight I'm treating myself to a spray tan so I can be deliciously bronzed for the weekend. I'm super excited to see friends, spend time in my in-laws back yard watching the kids play, and enjoying a frosty cold Coors Light. I've been foregoing my usual nightly beer this week, as though my abstinence will lower my tolerance before the weekend. Hey, it might work.

Have a great weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Ange said...

Have a great time in Colstrip! Just wanted to let you know I've added you to my swell new blogroll. Laissez les bontemps roulez!