Monday, June 11, 2012

Under the radar

Wow, it's been a whole month since Cinco De Oh-no, and while there isn't a huge amount of news I'd like to at least catch up on things we've done since last month.

- I have not turned in Elora's school enrollment stuff, mainly because I need her birth certificate and have to order one online.  I should probably do that tonight.  I also need to send her enrollment for the YMCA after school program.  Hopefully having blogged about it will mean I can no longer procrastinate.  Don't count on it.

- I've fallen head over heels in love with the HBO series 'Girls'.  Hilarious.  It is nothing like "Sex and the City", except there is sex, 4 girls, and it's in NYC.  Other than that, nothing.

- Thad is doing super good in school, all A's so far.  He also just got an old car, like from the 80s, this weekend to save some money on his in-town-commute gas consumption. 
 
- An old Colstrip friend, Kari, moved to the Heights recently, and it's been fun getting to hang out with her and throw our kids together in her yard.  Super nice to have yet another close-by friend (shout out to my other close-by friend, Laura G, for being an impromptu hostess to my motley crew last night, sorry about the cup LOL). 

- Ask and you shall receive... after posting on Facebook that I needed a girls weekend a dear friend and bride-to-be approached me about making some fun weekend plans and we're taking a little trip to Bozeman this weekend to shop and eat and maybe dip in at Chico for the evening. 

- I read "Fifty Shades of Grey" this weekend.  Whoa.  In a word, that's all I can say.

- I also finished 'The Forsyte Saga' on Netflix this weekend.  Ten hour long episodes.  All packed to the brim with passion and Victorian/Art Nouveau/Art Deco architecture, clothing and jewelry.  I loved it.  I feel a gaping wound in my soul.  Now taking applications for a new Netflix show to consume me for a few days/weeks.

The summer already seems half over, mainly because of so many weekends with plans already made.  I took a calendar we got on our recent excursion to Idaho and marked each weekend with what was going on, and it boggles my mind how we can have so much going on, all leading up to the grand finale of Elora going to school. 

I better start a list of things that have to happen before 8/22/12.  The first thing on my list is to make a list.  I might make it more like an outline with bullets and a numbering lettering system.  I'm going to nerd the eff out on making a list right now.  Go find something else to do to kill some time, quit bugging me!

No comments: