Monday, March 28, 2011

A snag

So my pre-authorization for surgery got delayed. Not so much delayed as the person that was supposed to be doing it sat on it for a few weeks, then when I finally emailed to find out what the status was she said "Oh, I need more info". Well THAAAAANKS! If I would have known you needed more information 3 weeks ago when you first got the letter I would have been happy to get you what you need.

This development is frustrating, because the last time I was scheduled I got a week away from surgery and found out that it wouldn't be covered by insurance no matter what. Now it's come to light that just HAVING large breasts isn't enough, there are things you have to try. Apparently you can't have genuine back pain without trying physical therapy and chiropractors for yourpain to be legitimate.

So if things continue to stagnate I may end up just finding out what the self pay options are and just going through with it. It would still be something I could use my $1203 remaining Flex dollars on, it just means I won't end up meeting my deductible as I had planned. I could even do the surgery and appeal any denial I get but it doesn't necessarily mean I'll get the outcome I want.

So I should hear more this week. I'm also interviewing for a position today that I would like to get, so I'm going to mind my p's and q's until I know exactly what's up with this surgery. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

GRRRRR!! This sucks! I'm sorry for you. I don't think it would take more than an appointment for a chiropractor and a PT to look at them and say, "yeah, those have to hurt." We happen to have a great PT here in town that also throws epic 80s parties. Schedule with her.

Currey Dee said...

That is very frustrating! I heard from a woman here that had hers done just recently that if they remove so many CC's of tissue that can prove the medical necessity of the procedure. Just somethin you could look into.

Anonymous said...

Ah Mary. I knew it sounded too good to be true. Hang in there. It will work out. Good luck with your interview. Thoughts and prayers your way