Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving thanks for wonderful things

We had our first Thanksgiving in the new house. My mom and dad and little sister came up from Colstrip, and John came over as well. We made a big turkey breast and Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes . They were both really good, despite getting the stupidest cooking instructions EVER with the turkey breast.

I had a few beers, and a lovely bottle of wine, and Thad ended up finishing all the cooking when I decided it was more fun to entertain my family with Texts From Last Night. Most of them were not "family friendly" but I had my mom cackling quite a bit.

Today Thad and I ventured out for early morning shopping with really no idea what we were going for. I knew we needed a tv for the kids room with a built-in DVD player. So we ended up spending a bunch of money at Target for a couple toys for the loud monkey girl. Then Thad ventured out alone to Walmart and got the family a PS3 (Gamestop) and the tv I wanted for the kids room. He also got a couple Blu-Ray movies (LABYRINTH!!!), so once we get a couple things for the soft baby boy we'll have finished our family shopping.

Now we just have to finish up our extended family shopping, and I've already got a good list of what I'd like to get for everyone.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I wish you all the best of luck gearing up for the holidays. I'm going to try to have fun this year shopping since this year is one of the first where there is money in the bank for whatever we want. It's kind of nice!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

And best friend shopping. Mustn't forget. I have yours all picked out. It makes me squeal how happy you'll be when you see it.