Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bah, humbug!

Man, I'm such a grinch. I have no holiday spirit, none. Not a drop. I don't want to decorate, I don't want to listen to Christmas songs, I don't want to be bombarded with Christmas at every turn. Where can someone go to escape this madness? I guess there are countries where Christmas is not observed, but do I have to go sooooo far? Shouldn't someone be ALLOWED the opportunity to live a Christmas free existance?

We had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Colstrip and spent a couple nights with Thad's parents. My mom and dad and little sister came into town to eat with us, and John was with us to and fro. Thad's grandmother (Schelle's mom) passed away last week, so I was in charge of the entire dinner, and I think I hit it out of the park. The bird was good, partly due to the brining that Thad's dad and Thad himself were in charge of. The stuffing was something I saw on Food Network, and it was so intriguing that I just had to try it (see link below for recipe). We also did sweet potatoes, mashed yukon gold potatoes, green bean casserole, and two kinds of pie. The chocolate truffle pie (recipe in previous blog) and Thad's mom made a pecan pie. All in all, a huge success.

Christmas might be trickier. I'll be working, Thad will be on call, so Elora will probably spend Christmas with grandparents this year. Nothing has been completely firmed up yet, but hopefully we'll get to celebrate the holiday a few days after the actual day.

My birthday is Wednesday. I'll be 28. Wow, should 28 feel like the train is about to derail? Just kidding, I really don't feel put out that I'll be getting another year older. It's just surreal to age and see everything changing quickly and know that another year has passed. I'm over thinking it, but I can't help but wonder if this feeling of loss will get any easier the older I get.

Well, I better get to work. Real quick, I'd like to tell Adrienne THANK YOU for the great blog, and for the birthday necklace she got for me. I love it, and you knew I would. Check out her blog here!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENA!!!!! I DON'T MIND GETTING OLDER IF I GET TO BE AS HOT AS YOU WHEN I GROW UP!!!!


Oh, and don't forget, the stuffing recipe I used was this one!

No comments: