Monday, December 17, 2007

Back at home

We're home, and all is well. Thad spent the weekend cleaning like a madman, and he did an amazing job. All our floors are clean (thanks in part to my birthday present, a Hoover FloorMate, which vacuums and scrubs your floors for you), and let me tell you, they were FILTHY. Ugh, it grosses us both out to know how bad they were. He also cleaned out our closets, organized our storage area downstairs, and vacuumed. I cleaned (in a fit of sheer craziness) the bathroom, did a little lite laundry, and kept the monkey out from under his feet.

Speaking of the monkey, we were so happy to get her back on Saturday. Thad's mom was kind enough to bring her up so we could skip the Colstrip leg of our journey and just get home. She's pretty happy to be home with her mama and her daddy. So happy that she hardly lets us out of her sight.

My mom is staying the week with us. I'm on a weight restriction so I'm not supposed to pick Elora up for 4 weeks. Talk about hard, it's horrible. If she wants to be picked up I'll get down and hug her or hold her, but it's a little easier now that she's walking a little more. That's right, WALKING, FOLKS. She will stand right up in the middle of the room, and take a few woozy steps towards whatever catches her fancy. She's taken up to 5-6 steps at a time. Pretty soon there won't be any falling down, it will be all walking, all the time.

Well, it's nap-time at Casa Swan. We're all going to lay down and enjoy some much needed rest. I am making some phone calls today to get various things taken care of that I had been putting off before now, and I'm waiting beside the phone for the doctor to call with my biopsy results. I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes. I'm debating cleaning up work email, but hesitate because I don't want to read any work email that I may need to address when I get back, I just want to clear out a bunch of the CRAP. *sigh* such a tough choice to make.

Hope everyone has a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.