Monday, November 5, 2007

All Adrienned Out

Soooo, as many of you know, my friend Adrienne was coming up this weekend to spend the weekend with me while Thad was hunting and her POS was out of town (and no, it doesn't stand for "Probation Officer's Supervisor"). Well, wouldn't you know it, after we make plans for a month for the great fun that we will have her POS decides to return home on said weekend.

So I thought maybe this meant that fun would not be had..... oh no. Boy, oh boy, was I ever wrong. We started the night at my house, enjoying "Shaun of the Dead" before making Thad drive us across town to Enzo's. We enjoyed a beautiful bottle of wine with a Ahi Tuna appetizer, and we each had a Caesar with anchovies (mine were on the side). Main course consisted of some pasta concoction for Adriennit featuring tiger shrimp and scallops, while I had Kobe beef in a mushroom sauce with squash puree. No room for dessert, we had one of the Enzo's staff call us a taxi and we headed downtown.

We popped into Hooligan's and called Adrienne's POS to come take us to the Crystal for some karaoke. Crystal was packed, so we decided to head on over to the Railyard. Railyard had a cover, so we walked to the Rainbow, and had a couple (stiff) drinks there before moseying on up to the Circle to cap off the night.

All night long we were surrounded by profound realizations and confirmations of our strong womanhood. These usually came in the form of kick ass karaoke songs, like "Just a Girl" and.... well, for some reason I must be blacking out the remainder of the songs that were sung, but they were all really, really deep.

We played "The Hills" while we were at dinner, asking each other really deep questions, then staring blankly at each other for 15 minutes while trying to look as though we're really, really, really thinking of an answer.

I think one of my favorite parts of the night came in the form of a trick I performed. I placed an empty beer bottle on my forhead and proceeded to balance it for about 10 seconds before it plummeted off my head and shattered on the dance floor at the Circle. I don't even think I had enough sobriety in me to lift my hands to try to stop it from falling. At that point I stood up, picked up my purse, and we checked out.

Adrienne, thanks for coming up and making me laugh hysterically, for ditching out on POS on Saturday to come spend a couple hours showering my baby with love and enjoying a fine mini-feast of shrimp and olives and blue cheese and baked chickpeas. I love you! Enjoy these pictures of us (oh, and of our new BFF!)!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I don't get what POS stands for. But then, I am verifiably retarded. Secondly, I LOVE your baby. Thirdly, I love that the pictures are actually from the night you didn't talk about!! HAHAA! And why are my eyes closed? Singing off-key with deep conviction-yep, probably.
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Enzo's sounds wonderful!