Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Bullet From My Brain

Alright, folks, it's been a while since I've laid out some thoughts in bullet points for the internet's perusal and judgement. Why not start a Thursday with one!
  • My blog website has a new layout, which I'm pretty much in love with to the point that I want to get on and write something EVERY DAY. 
  • I had to run to get milk at 5:00 AM this morning. The lady at the counter of the nearby gas station complimented my sweatshirt. The sweatshirt I wore was Thad's old black Korn sweatshirt he's had since roughly his sophomore/junior year of high school. I wore this sweatshirt the first summer we were dating when we went camping at the same campground we camped at over Labor Day, so I took it with us in remembrance. I think Thad will be getting some Tommy cologne for Christmas so I can complete the flood of memories with something olfactory in nature. 
  • I just wanted to bullet point every sentence of the last paragraph above, just to be funny, but I don't know if anyone that reads this blog would have found that as amusing as the story itself. 
  • I love cleaning up my living room (and I use the term cleaning veeeeeeeery loosely) in the morning or at night. I love a picked up floor, even if only for 4 minutes, and only one section is picked up at a time. 
  • It's time to start restocking my pantry a little bit and trying to get myself ready for the next season of cooking. I also use the term cooking very loosely since the summer season mostly consists of trying not to cook as much as possible, but fall.... oh, boy, fall is definitely different. Lasagna, soups, chili, crock pot meals and baking. I definitely need to replenish my cooking making supplies. Totally have a list going. 
  • Speaking of baking, if you haven't already tried these or heard me gush about them,these cookies are the bee's knees. I use chocolate chips in lieu of peanut butter chips, mainly because I always have chocolate chips and rarely have peanut butter chips, but I bet the peanut butter would be divine. I've also tried devil's food cake as a base and found that was just a little too "cakey" for me. German chocolate is juuuuust right. 
  • The same website that has that recipe also has these Gooey Samoa Cake Bars that I'm dying to try. 
  • I'm considering creating a money stash for Thad to buy a few more wine making supplies and make a batch of white and a batch of red before the holidays. Even if we just do one batch we'll have an awesome way to give gifts to all our boozer friends and family. 

It's getting to be about time to start rousing children from their half-Backyardigans/half-slumber and get ready for another day at the office.

No comments: