Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One week later...

Wow, a week ago today I was anxiously preparing to go to the surgery center.  The older I get the more time-dissociative I become, because that feels like a year ago.  But Thanksgiving is tomorrow, which also doesn't seem right, so I don't know if this is because I play "Gardens of Time" on Facebook and the storyline has now started to mess with my head.

Aaaanyways, one week later I'm really happy with my results.  The incisions are definitely healing, and they look pretty gross, but all in all I think they'll definitely look better with more time.  I've been on Tylenol only since Monday and have been doing pretty good, I've even driven a couple places by myself.  I will admit I miss the sleepiness of the sweet, sweet nectar the doctor gives you, but that's probably why not taking it all week is going to be better for everyone's Thanksgiving.  Someone's got to pull this thing outta their ass, and it might as well be me.

So the kids are home!  Huge sigh of relief, and I will be writing a big postful of thankfulness tomorrow to those that made their little getaway possible. Even though they were complete shits when they got home I am still so happy to have them sleeping in their room.  Knowing that their there and that they will continue to be there for the next 4 days.

I knew that there would be a little weirdness with Colter because I can explain to Elora that mommy had surgery that took off a big chunk of her boobs, and she can see the incisions (only the tops, I'm not sure if she could handle seeing the scabby mess at the bottom right now), but Colter B has no idea what happened.  It was hilarious, last night he came and snuggled me in the kitchen where I sat and visited with my parents, and he just could NOT get comfortable.  Back against me, side against me, finally he laid with his chest against me and his arms crossed over his own chest exactly where my boobs would be.  It was a teeny bit heartbreaking, but I'm sure he won't be psychologically damaged.  Both his parents are insurance holders so I guess we'll worry about mental health benefits if and when he needs them.

My holiday list seems almost made, and I'm opting to keep things very simple, extremely inexpensive, but thoughtful.  I'm not a crafter, that Boobs Voyage shirt in this post is one of the few things I have ever gone to a craft store with a specific purpose in making.  I can crochet, but I haven't tried anything in the last couple years so I will just buy my gifts, thank you very much.

Well, I'm off to check Black Friday ads.  I refuse to go out, but I have one very crazy friend who will be grappling the crowds, and I need to see if I can find a sweet deal on a couple electronic items while she's there.  Be back tomorrow with a Turkey Day Toast (and I might be drunk blogging, how fun!)

No comments: